lør. 15. jul.|
Kurs i demperoppsett med Gavin Steder
Lær deg teknikkene for demperoppsett som kan endre din sykkelopplevelse!
Tid og sted
15. jul., 10:00 – 16. jul., 17:00
Høgevarde, Gulsviksetervegen 1003, 3539 Flå, Norge
Suspension set up can be a lot to digest!! Here is a chance to get some help!
Whether your just getting into mountain biking and want to make sure your bike is set up properly for you, or if you have been riding for years and want a set up that fits your specific riding style and/or needs, professional help can go a long way with giving you more confidence in your bike and more fun on the trails!!
In collaboration with Høgevarde fjellpark, I will be putting on suspension set up clinics over the course of the July 15th-16th weekend! There will be a morning course and afternoon course each day, morning courses will be catered for those who are at a beginner to intermediate skill level and afternoon courses will be for intermediate to advanced. All courses will be utilizing the shuttle bus's offered by Høgevarde and the course structures are as follows!
Beginner to intermediate course:
- 10 spots per course
- 850 NOK (includes full day shuttle bus pass to all open trails)
- Start time 10:00
- Duration 2 to 3 hours
- conducted in the Fjellpark
We will start off with a small talk about some basic terminology (such as sag, compression, rebound, bottom out, ext.), what each adjustment does, and the different styles of set up. Everyone will then be able to lap the trails in the fjellpark individually, whereas I will be accessible at the bottom for 1 on 1 consultation and problem solving, helping to make changes to your set up and answer any questions. For example, helping you understand why your shocks or bike feels the way they do in specific situations and what changes you can make to any areas where you feel it could be better!
Intermediate to Advanced course:
- 5 Spots per course
- 1100 NOK (including full day shuttle bus pass to all open trails)
- Start time 14:00
- Duration 2 to 3 hours
- Starting at the fjellpark but conducted on a trail normally closed to shuttling called the Union trail, granted access for this course weekend !!!EXCLUSIVE!!!
We will start off with a small talk about some basic terminology (such as sag, compression, rebound, bottom out, ext.), what each adjustment does, and the different styles of set up. I will join the group on the Union trail where I will be accessible for 1 on 1 consultation and problem solving, helping to make changes to your set up and answer any questions. I will also be available for taking slo-mo footage of participants in sections of their choosing to be able to better understand how the suspension is functioning in specific areas in conjunction to aspects such as body position to give the most context on how to improve set up for specific needs or goals.
Send DM to sign up for which course you want to join, will keep availability of each course updated below!
Saturday, July 15th:
Availability: 8 Spots left
Availability: 2 spots left
Sunday, July 16th:
Availability: 10 Spots left
Availability: 5 spots left
- Suspension service is recommended as a rule of thumb about once a year. If you have gone far past this or if you are having weird issues or sounds from your shocks, its highly recommended to get it checked out at least a week or two before the course. A 10% discount offer on suspension service from Gira Sykkel will be available to course participants, however with it being high season and a already large demand, please DM about availability and scheduling an appointment if needed.
- To help digest the suspension set up info and discussion at the beginning of each course, A free coffee will be provided from Scandinavian alps coffee roasters out of Hemsedal for course attendees
- Although the courses are only 2-3 hours the bus shuttle pass is for the full day, so feel free to ride world class trails built by World Trail before or after your course!
- With Høgevarde only being 1.5 hours outside of Oslo its fully possible to make a day trip out of it. However, for those who would like to stay for the weekend there will be 10% discount on cabin rental and the bus shuttle pass is 600 per day to all open trails during the weekend. Here is the link to the applicable cabins.
- Other privileges to course participants include:
20% discount in the shop
10% discount on Lavo food